NetSlideshow is an Android app to create slideshows from photos and videos not necessarily present in your Android device. This app has been around for a while, and I keep adding features now and then. See those below.
Please contact me with any bugs, comments or suggestions.
Version 2.0 changes
Finally an update! This project has remained in oblivion for far too long, and users kept requesting improvements so here they come:
- new, nicer UI
- better control of slideshow (previous/next/pause)
- show local content
- show content from RSS (you can now use Instagram, Flickr or any other service that supports RSS!)
- location map, if photo includes gps data
- exif information (description or Windows title/subject/comment tags)
- and much more!
This is my first application developed for Android, created as a personal need, for the entertaintment and the challenge it offered to work on such a project.
It allows watching photos (and videos) stored in a shared folder of a computer on the local network. Scans folders, displays shuffled or chronologically sorted content, from a date on…
My idea was to have a photo frame that wouldn’t take SD space (at least not the 15Gb my photo album has) and would stay up to date, connecting to the computer through wlan. I couldn’t find such functionality in any Android app so I decided to develop it myself. And then share… for free. As you can see, it’s very simple but gets the job done!
Version 0.8 changes
- Added simple file browser and ability to include multiple folders in the slideshow
This is just another update following users suggestions. The look and feel is not very polished but I just don’t want to spend time dealing with details.
Version 0.7 changes
- Status bar removed
As much as the unfair rating made by some russian guy annoyed me, he had a point regarding the status bar. If you are going to rate though, please first consider the following:
- I did this app for my own use. I then decided to pay the Google developer fee just to share it with the community for free and without ads because I felt it was a good chance to repay (a little bit) the community of developers that creates great stuff for free (or even a small fee/some ads).
- The interface does certainly not look great, but the goals of the app, I believe, are accomplished. I think that’s the ground for rating it, not the fact that it might not have a feature that you wanted.
- If you want some specific feature added or have some problem, please ask by mail.
Version 0.6 changes
- Fix for some contents not being indexed
- Limited image size to 6Mb
- Deleting imgBuffer folder on exit
- Keep screen light on (not sure how this will work with other devices)
- Code clean up and (hopefully) improved performance
- Other minor code fixes
- Sometimes it won’t index again when you go to settings (you’ll have to restart the app)
- Videos can appear too small sometimes (unscaled)
Mi primera aplicación desarrollada para Android, creada por una necesidad personal, por el entretenimiento y el reto que proporcionaba tal proyecto.
Permite ver fotos (y videos) de una carpeta compartida de un pc en la red de casa. Escanea subdirectorios, ofrece visionado cronológico o aleatorio, a partir de una fecha…
És la meva primera aplicació desenvolupada per Android, creada per una necessitat personal, per l’entreteniment i el repte que proporcionava aquest projecte.
Permet veure les fotos (i videos) d’una carpeta compartida d’un pc en la xarxa de casa. Escaneja subdirectoris, ofereix visionat cronològic o aletòria, a partir d’una data…